GNX WIRELESS WIND PACK
The Information You Need to Set Sail
- Includes GNX™ Wind instrument and gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer
- With a compatible GPS chartplotter, GNX Wind provides 2 data fields and a digital wind rose to simultaneously display true1 and apparent wind data, Steer Pilot, boat speed and more
- Displays true1 and apparent wind speed and wind angles, true1 wind direction, boat speed, speed over ground, VMG, heading, course over ground and closed haul
- Includes easy-to-install gWind Wireless 2 transducer, which eliminates cables for masts up to 15m (50 ft)
- Internal solar-charged battery lasts 3 years and is easily replaced
When you have a GNX Wind instrument combined with a gWind Wireless 2 transducer, you’ll know what’s going on with the wind.
GNX Wind Instrument
GNX Wind gives you the wind data necessary to make confident decisions. Featuring a high-visibility, glass-bonded backlit monochrome LCD display with customisable backlight colours, GNX Wind interfaces through the NMEA 2000® network to show 2 data fields and a digital wind rose simultaneously to display true1 and apparent wind data, steering guidance, boat speed and more. Low power consumption of 350 mW daylight (no backlight) and 400 mW nighttime (mid-level backlight) is perfect for sailboats. Customisable user settings allow you to configure the screen layout to your preferred setting. Display configurations include more than 15 important marine parameters for wind, speed and navigation. It can even wirelessly connect to a quatix® 3 GPS marine smartwatch via ANT® technology to stream wind data directly to your wrist.
gWind Wireless 2 Transducer
gWind Wireless 2 offers an easy-to-install solution that eliminates running wires through masts up to 15 m (50 ft). Accurate wind signals are sent via an ANT connection directly to a GNX Wind instrument or to a compatible Garmin GPSMAP® chartplotter. The transducer features renowned Nexus® twin-fin technology with a 3-bladed propeller, providing accurate wind speed and stable wind angle in lighter wind conditions. Also available in a wide selection of Wind and Sail Packs (sold separately) that can be used as standalone wind systems or expanded to full network systems via NMEA 2000.
1For true wind information, speed through the water and heading inputs are required.
Available on backorder